Colorado State Senate Approves 5 of 7 Gun Control Bills; Including Magazine Ban
Well, they did it. Colorado State Senate Democrats have spit out 5 gun control bills, which will limit citizens rights to their second amedmnednt. LArge magazine clips will now be banned, and limits gun ammunition magazines to 15 rounds. Also included in the Democrat gunn control jihad is a new background check requirement AND fee. Guns.com via KUSA-TV, has an updated list of what Colorado Democrats have done with their gun grab:
- UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: House Bill 1229 would add a background-check requirement for many guns sold in private transactions. Passed by the Senate today. The Democratic-sponsored bill has already cleared the House but is headed back for a hearing on an amendment that would allow guns to be repaired without the repair shop owner needing a check.
- MAGAZINE LIMITS: House Bill 1224 limits gun ammunition magazines to 15 rounds. The Democratic-sponsored bill has cleared the House, and passed through the Senate today. It will head back to the House for a hearing on an amendment that limits shotguns to no more than 28 inches worth of shells.
- FIREARM BAN FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE OFFENDERS: Senate Bill 197 would expand a ban on gun ownership for people convicted of certain domestic-violence offenses. The bill passed the Senate today.
- ONLINE GUN TRAINING: Senate Bill 195 would require people seeking concealed carry permits to take gun training courses in person. Passed by Senate today.
- BACKGROUND CHECK FEES: House Bill 1228 would revive fees for gun purchasers who need background checks. The Democratic-sponsored bill has already cleared the House and passed the Senate today.
Colorado = the Rocky Mountain California.